Re: griping about development

Geoff Reedy <vader21 imsa edu> writes:
> Unless a lot of mindsets change I don't see there being a Really Good
> coded-in-someone's-spare-time-like-many-free-software-projects-are IDE for
> GNOME, or for Unix in general, any time soon.  Putting together an IDE is a

Heh. ;-) Exactly what I've been thinking - the people who are really
motivated to write an IDE are people who don't know how to use
existing Linux tools effectively, and so they have a hard time using
said existing tools to write an IDE...

We'll get one eventually; sometimes a hacker _does_ write something
they don't actually use (Miguel wrote Gnumeric for example),
and sometimes commercial motivations appear.

Havoc