possible bug in gtk+

I was wondering if this is a bug in gtk or am I doing something wrong.
I have a gtk_clist inside of a gtk_scrolled_window. In my code I append
alot of columns to that clist. After I append to that clist I get the
vertical adjustment from the scroled  window. then I set the value of
the adjustment to the upper value to get the window to scroll down.
Every thing works except that the clist inside of the scrolled window
doesn't get drawn. It remains white until I click on the vertical
scrollbar of the scrolled window.

Is this the correct behaviour? Is there a better way to get the
scrolled window to scroll down?  Did I make any sense?

Mike Palczewski
(mpalczew u washington edu)