Info on Gnome and multimedia

Hi,

I would like to start several student projects related to multimedia
transmission (facilities for videoconferencing and the like). I would
like to suggest the stiudents to work within the Gnome
framework. I wonder whether there is soemthing like an architecture
for multimedia in Gnome, or libraries for multimedia, or any
documentation avilable, or whatever (appart from esound, of which I
already know).

Saludos,

       Jesus.

PS: Please, answer directly to me, since I'm not subscribed to
gnome-devel.

--
Jesus M. Gonzalez Barahona                | Grupo de Sistemas y Comunicaciones
jgb gsyc escet urjc es / jgb computer org | ESCET, Universidad Rey Juan Carlos