Want to understand zvt in order to edit gnome-terminal.c

I have just finished writing a little patch for the gnome-terminal.c
which allows the user to specify command line options --image= and
--shaded.  I sent that patch with severity=wishlist to the Gnome bug
report email address.  That's the right way to do it, isn't it?

Now I want to add an option to make the image on the background be
scaled to fit the gnome-terminal window, and not tiled. I'm looking at
the zvt/zvtterm.h header file from gnome-libs and don't quite get it.
If you can tell me what's up, I'd be glad.

Actually, shading by percentage would be a plus too, but I know I can't
have everything.

--
Paul E. Johnson                       email: pauljohn ukans edu