Re: Forgot script was Re: A small example and GC-API

On Mon, 22 May 2000, Hassan Aurag wrote:

>  I think we might need a gnome daemon that monitors gnome activity, so
> that apps might call each other with right arguments.

>  Now I quit gword by saving file. How does gzip know things changed
> and it need to update file file1 in the archive?

I'm not sure this is a good idea - presumably the use wants the archive to
remain untouched?  shouldn't gword just treat the file as unsaved?

>  Why don't we have a gnome daemon that'd do the job, and all other
> apps calling would go through it.

I think this would be better done through convention?  It would be a)
simpler, b) quicker, c) less memory hungry.

Would you care to write a proposal?

njh