Re: start / run a program only when logged in as root

> only other thing you can do is set a program to setuid root, and then have
> it check the password (since root programs could read the /etc/passwd
> file), but I STRONGLY discourage this.  Use PAM, or one of the graphical su
Please allow me to concur here.  No gtk programs should be setuid root.
period.  That is the official gtk policy.  Since a gtk program can execute
arbitrary code at runtime (in the form of themes), they are by their nature
insecure as setuid programs.  Never, ever, make a gtk program setuid root.
Ever.  If you only have on user, then maybe, but still don't do it. :-)
	-Chris

--
lansdoct@cs.alfred.edu
Homepage: http://cs.alfred.edu/~lansdoct/