Re: GConf

On Sat, May 20, 2000 at 01:07:48PM -0400, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> Your problem would be ORBit; it's the only dependency that hasn't been
> ported. Other than that, a win32 port would probably be easy.

Actually, there's a link on the ORBit site that points to this:
http://www.cpplover.pe.kr/Orbit/ORBit-0.5.1-win32.zip
which is supposed to be a win32 port.

> > If GConf is not ready for Win32 what could I use to keep with the
> > Gnome/GNU architecture for storing configuration information?  I am
> > inclined to use a simple text file in the same directory and the
> > libgome gnome-conf stuff mentioned in section 5.4 of Pennington's
> > book would be great but again there is no Win32 port of libgnome.

You could write your own simple wrapper that can handle the registry on
win32 and GConf on *nix. Shouldn't be too difficult.

--
Sarel Botha

99 little bugs in the code, 99 bugs in the code,
          fix one bug, compile it again...
          101 little bugs in the code....