Announce: gnome-socket 0.1.0
- From: Roberto Zunino <zunino cli di unipi it>
- To: gnome-announce-list gnome org
- Cc: gnome-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: Announce: gnome-socket 0.1.0
- Date: Tue, 9 May 2000 23:32:19 +0200 (MET DST)
gnome-socket is a library that provides simple high-level network access
to GNOME applications. It's intended to be used by applications that want
simply to connect to a port and send/receive data without fiddling too
much with the socket options (if you need to do that, use David Helder's
Gnet library: http://www.eecs.umich.edu/~dhelder/misc/gnet ).
* Non-blocking I/O on Internet IPv4 TCP and UDP sockets.
* Asynchronous dns lookup (via an external library).
* Simple design & use (at least IMHO ;-)
New features since 0.0.6:
* Added gnome_socket_get/set_* functions (you can now change the socket
callback and/or the user_data when you want).
* Added gnome_string_socket (for text line-oriented sockets: the callback
will be called iff a whole string has been received).
* Documentation now covers 97% of gnome-socket :-)
For requirements, online docs, etc:
Feedback is welcome.
Zun. (almost sleeping...)
] [Thread Prev