Re: (no subject)

On Thu, May 04, 2000 at 05:43:03PM +0000, John Flux wrote:
>   I've been using gnomeicu for a while now - it's an icq client for gnome -
>   but whenever it is dl a file, it all runs really slowly - i'll open up the
>   code and dig around, but anyone have a clue why?

I believe it's caused by gnomeicu updating the display whenever it receives
an ICQ "packet".  It probably should only update the display every second,
instead.

Also, I think it blocks on some reads, because of the way it's designed.

> It should be running as a seperate process right?
Running as a separate process seems excessive to me.  With some careful
programming (and maybe some nonblocking io) it could run nicely.

--
Evan Martin - eeyem@u.washington.edu - http://students.washington.edu/eeyem