Re: Idea for a gnome developement center

On Wed, May 03, 2000 at 11:07:37PM +0200, Roberto Majadas wrote:

> El mié, 03 may 2000, escribiste:
>
> > Yes, such an application would be very nice, although quite ambitious.  Have
> > you looked at gIDE (http://gide.pn.org/) and Glade (http://glade.pn.org/)?
>
> Yes I have seen gIDE and Glade .... and I love this projects . But I think that
> we must unify all this project in a only IDE . But don't remove this projects .
> Integrating this projects in a only IDE as components . And give the posibility
> to the other developers to develop another components for this IDE . And if
> this components will be plug-ins imagine the possibilities for the companies
> and organization . Allways under GPL of course .
> When I said all this wizards I thought to make a homogeneus IDE . But I'd like
> that gide , glade , gnome-edit and another projects will be included in this
> project . But allways allways maintain the independence between projects .

Although it isn't very visible, there _is_ work being done on creating such
a thing. Both gIDE and my mooonsooon project are working towards being (more)
componentized.

If you want to help, join the gnome-devtools mailing-list
(http://lists.helixcode.com/mailman/listinfo/gnome-devtools) or
join #devel-apps on irc.gimp.org.

cya,
Martijn