Re: gnome Media Library

On Thu, 23 Mar 2000, Nicholas Francis wrote:

> > I'm not really sure what the difference is between the two - after all,
> > the stream had better be playable in real-time, or you might as well
> > download the whole file first. :)
>
> There are several advantages to streaming:

It seems like you're trying to give me a comparison between two pieces of
the puzzle, which I'm not convinced overlap or conflict... In addition,
"streaming" is very ambiguous to me - it does not have a widely accepted
definition like "real-time" (although that is often used in equally vague
terms:)

> > Anyways, no, GMF is not just an equivalent of gAlan or other lockstep
> > filter networks. It handles QoS issues etc.
>
> QoS ?

Quality of Service.

-- Elliot
"Moron of the week" for four years running