Re: Detecting if GNOME is OK

On Sun, Mar 19, 2000 at 04:00:01PM +0000,
Dave Gilbert <gilbertd@treblig.org> wrote:
>   I have a program I am porting to Gnome and it needs to test if it is
> possible to start up as a Gnome app and if not fall back to text mode.
> The test needs to be non-destructive and preferably not noticable to the
> user.

You want gdk_init_check(), which returns FALSE if it can't open
the display. If it returns TRUE, you can then call gnome_init().

BTW, if i'm not mistaken, gnome-devel-list is for development
*of* Gnome, not development *using* Gnome. This question should
have gone to gnome-list.

--
Eric Gillespie, Jr. <*> epg@pobox.com

"Let us be thankful we have commerce. Buy more. Buy more now.
 Buy. And be happy."
--OMM (THX 1138)

PGP signature