Re: window-in-window MDI

Hi

Tom Gilbert <gilbertt@btinternet.com> wrote:

> It is accepted that it's bad UI, so why let apps use it?

There's an important point here - you're letting *users* use it, not apps.
If they want to use it i don't think a bunch of HCI people should stop them.
You can't reject it based on the fact that an app could override the user's
settings - it can do that for just about every option GTK has.

> industry is moving away from it. Why are we moving *towards* it?

Why not compromise? Put it in and then in gnomecc where it can be chosen put
a warning that says GNOME does not recommend it's use as it is provided for
"style compatibility" only.

--
| __ -| | .'|  _| '_|___|__   | | |   |  chris@black-sun.co.uk
            S o f t w a r e