Re: Window Options Menu /Border style

On Fri, Mar 10, 2000 at 08:14:19AM -0500, Edwards, Mac wrote:
> Please help a novice.
>
> The "Window Option Menu" can be invoked by clicking the icon in the top
> left-hand corner of most Gnome/Gtk app windows.  This menu has an option
> to 'Set Border Style'.  If 'Shaped' is selected as the style, the
> borders will
> removed from the window.
> I would like to be able to accomplish the removal of borders and other
> decorations from within my code. Actually, I would like to remove
> borders
> when my window maximizes and put then back on when the window is
> restored.
> I have tried using 'gdk_window_set_decorations(window,0)' with
> no success.
> My app was generated by Glade with Gnome support.
>
> Suggestions?
(This really belongs on one of the GTK lists.)

It seems that gdk_window_set_decorations() only works before the window is
shown the first time.

The code looks like this:
	GtkWidget *win;
	win = gtk_window_new(GTK_WINDOW_TOPLEVEL);
	/* or the suitable gnome code */

	gtk_widget_realize(win);
	gdk_window_set_decorations(win->window, 0);
	/* ... */
	gtk_widget_show(win);

--
Evan Martin - eeyem@u.washington.edu - http://students.washington.edu/eeyem