the question

Hello guys,

I have one question.

I am deriving custom container from GtkTable. In addition to usual
GtkTable functionality I'm adding to it  GdkWindow in order to draw
background under the children. And the question is: how added child can
obtain parent background pixmap that is _exactly_ under the child ?

It seems that such a stupid method as
gdk_pixmap_draw(dst,gc,parent->window,...) does not work - that is because
paren't is not redrawable under the child. And using shaped window for
child is not approciated solution.

Best regards,
  Vova Babin.