Re: Terminal emulation applet

On Sat, Jun 03, 2000 at 02:58:11PM -0400, Ole Laursen wrote:
> I have recently completed making an applet that puts a full-featured
> terminal inside the panel, so now I was wondering if it could be
> included in the standard gnome-applets package?
Why don't you just move a gnome-terminal into the corner and remove the
window decorations?  (Sawmill lets you do this through the window menu.)

With some good window manager bindings (I have
windowskey-leftmousebutton-drag -> move
windowskey-rightmousebutton-drag -> resize), you can place decorationless
windows anywhere.

I don't mean to criticize... I was just wondering why. :)

--
Evan Martin - eeyem@u.washington.edu - http://students.washington.edu/eeyem