Re: Special Effects

> Hi Hassan,
>
> The current Gnome/WM interaction spec is out of date and due for replacement -
> check out http://freedesktop.org for the working version of the new spec.
>
> >  Now, of course, as a no-programmer, my naïve approach would be to
> > show a background animation. In other words, take the background image
> > and apply some special effects to it, or maybe add a border-less and
> > transparent window to the root window.
>
> I think using a borderless window (virtual root window) is going to be the
> best approach - some window managers use virtual desktops which cover the root

 Good news, but does this mean problems one has with enlightenment today will disappear as things like gmc or its other file managers would know about virtual root windows?

 In other words, will gnome work finally better when using enlightenment which makes extensive use of virtual root windows and such?