Re: po/Makefile.in.in

James Henstridge writes:

 > On Sun, 30 Jul 2000, Hilaire Fernandes wrote:
 >

 > >  > Let me quote the `gettextize' info page:
 > >  >
 > >  > 2. A `po/' directory is created for eventually holding all
 > >  >      translation files, but initially only containing the file
 > >  >      `po/Makefile.in.in' from the GNU `gettext' distribution.
 > >
 > > So how do invoke gettextize in the configure.in script ?
 >
 > You don't invoke it in the configure script.  A call to AM_GNU_GETTEXT is
 > all that is supposed to be required in the configure script.  gettextize
 > should be run before automake (and is in the standard autogen script).

Of course I tried this before, but the po/Makefile.in.in is not
installed.

And also note gettextize is not in the autogen script:

[hilaire@ulysse dr-genius]$ grep macros/autogen.sh gettextize
grep: gettextize: No such file or directory
[hilaire@ulysse dr-genius]$ grep autogen.sh gettextize
grep: gettextize: No such file or directory

What I've done is to add in the configure.in:

AC_OUTPUT_COMMANDS ([yes N | gettextize -f])

This is maybe not the cleanest way however.
All this sound weird to me.

Hilaire