Re: C++ for gnome/gtk++

ged@iemail.com writes:
> Ideally I'd prefer to use C++ wrappers for these and
> generate C++ from glade.
>
> Are there good reasons for sticking with C? ie do the C++ wrappers lag behind
> or other good reasons?

Gtk-- is pretty synced up to GTK 1.2. The main reason not to use it
would probably be that you like C more, or that you don't want the
extra overhead (which isn't that much, but for an embedded system or
something you might care).

> Presumably, one needs to download both the GTK+ and Gnome C++ libs.
> I find a link on the gtk site, but where is info on Gnome C++ wrapper and
>
> setting up for glade C++ output.

With Glade, I would recommend libglade instead of outputing code. But
if you want to output code, I know there's a C++ code generator, look
on the glade page (glade.pn.org I think).

Havoc