gnomesupport.h

Hello, I am new to the developing for Gnome thing I
have always written command line stuff, well I am
trying to write a user interface for one of my command
Line apps and I figured I should learn how to write
Gnome stuff so I was reading a tutorial and I went to
compile one of the sample apps. I use the gnu c
compiler (gcc) and I get an error stating that it
can't find the gnomesupport.h I have the gnome
development libraries installed at least I think I do.
It found gnome.h .... is there anyhting special that I
need to install ...?
-jeremy