Re2: Some general facts about panel ...- Gnome Pager
- From: Hassan Aurag <aurag crm umontreal ca>
- To: "David B. Lounsberry (Dave)" <dlounsberry kc rr com>
- CC: Derek Simkowiak <dereks kd-dev com>, Hassan Aurag <aurag crm umontreal ca>, Chris Jones <chris black-sun co uk>, gnome-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: Re2: Some general facts about panel ...- Gnome Pager
- Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2000 15:53:39 GMT
I agree Gnome needs a real Pager instead of the present
Here is a suggestion. Btw, I could write the frameboxes (in python)
if someone wants to write the screen-shooting part. So I hope we are
not just talking vaporware.
The Gnome Pager applet:
-Two parts: one left-side and one right-side.
-The left side is a scrollable GnomeCanvas with a screen-shot of all
desktops with their running apps:
-GnomeCanvas because it has graphics and picture in it.
-Scrollable to avoid huge pagers.
-Horizontal and vertical scrolling. Easy with
-The right side: an E-like icon-box
-Again a horizontally scrollable one row, multi-
columns GtkTable, with each slot containing one icon for
each minimized app.
-A small arrow-headed button like in present gnome-pager to allow
you to jump to different desktops.
Now, who can write this thing?
] [Thread Prev