Re: An Idea...

zucchi@zedzone.mmc.com.au (NotZed) writes:

> > > Still, i'm not sure they help much with non-postcript printers, which
> > > is the main problem.
> >
> > Actually, the two ppd's in my gs distribution are for a Canon Bubblejet
> > printer, which I guess is not a postscript printer...
>
> Ahh, I guess I stand corrected.

As I understand it, the Canon Bubblejet ppds describe the capabilities
of the ghostscript canon bubblejet driver. They're not used by
ghostscript but by applications and other programs to get information
about the printer and how to use printer specific features when they
generate postscript to be rendered via ghostscript.

--
Bernhard Herzog   | Sketch, a drawing program for Unix
herzog@online.de  | http://sketch.sourceforge.net/