Re: Patches accepted?

On Wed, 5 Jan 2000, Chris Jones wrote:

> Will there be some kind of legacy support for it? Some wrapper code to
> create the new gtkhtml widget would be nice so apps that use GtkXmHTML
> aren't stuck with it and it doesn't have to keep being included with
> GNOME (it seems slightly silly to include two HTML widgets!)

I don't think anyone has paid too much thought to API compatibility.
GtkHTML is probably simpler than GtkXmHTML to use. I haven't looked at any
apps that use GtkXmHTML (are there any?) to see how hard the conversion
would be.

-- Elliot
"You can divide our industry into two kinds of people: those who want to
go work for a company to make it successful, and those who want to go work
for a successful company." -jwz