Re:[Re: Some general facts about panel and gnome]

 I am not sure SO uses QT but then I might be wrong. Anyway, the whole
thing is to enable SO to plug into panel and also enable SO, in full
view mode, to understand gnome menus and be able to launch gnome apps
from whithin SO.

 This is an example. But in general, software makers coders should
make themselves pluggable into major desktops, window managers. And I
don't think this is Gnome's or KDE's or anyone else's job except to
make sure things stay compatible so that work done by SO (as example)
won't go to trash because new panel or menus don't understand old
stuff.

 Now, I can't promise anything, but I might be able to have more
influence with these kinds of things (pray for me), and I am talking
generally!

On 2/15/00, 6:27:22 AM, "Sarel J. Botha" <sjb@dundee.lia.net> wrote
regarding Re: Some general facts about panel and gnome: