Re: PDF Displaying

On Fri, Dec 08, 2000 at 05:33:30PM -0500, Sean Middleditch wrote:
> I need a way to display PDF forms, and add to that text-entry fields at
> any given X,Y location on the form, with the text entry being of
> variable length (although not height, that should be one line tall).
> The program is pretty much a piece of cake, except that I don't know how
> I should go about displaying the information like I said.  I have a
> rough-rough text-based version I wrote in Python (says Form XXX: Line
> N:  and asks for input, calculates everything, prints results), but I
> want a nive GUI-based printable program.

If we ignore the difficulties of interpreting a PDF file into a displayable
graphic:

You might be able to use a GtkLayout container to absolutely position
some GtkEntry's over an image.

Another option would be a GNOME Canvas that displays the PDF file with
"hotspots", which, when clicked upon, would pop up a dialog to edit.
This has the advantage of not mixing Gtk controls and your PDF graphic.

--
Evan Martin - eeyem u washington edu
http://students.washington.edu/eeyem