Re: Gnome-media

On Tue, 5 Dec 2000, Erik Jarvi wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 04, 2000 at 07:26:22PM -0500, Sam Rowe wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > This is semi-related...
> >
> > Mixer applet 1.2.4 doesn't handle the mousewheel in a logical way.
> >
> > Scroling up on the mousewheel lowers volumet, while scrolling down raises
> > volume.
>
> Heh Which lead me to this, because I thought maybe this is a widget issue.
>
> Knob widgets would be very useful in an audio related app.
>
> Knobs:
>     switch types: on-off, selectors, precise volume control
>     continous types: log. style (volume), linear style (balance)

Argh, no;  that volume knob in Quicktime whatever-the-latest-version-is is
evil, as is that tcl/tk audio app that I used a while ago (can't remember
it's name)  A mouse cursor doesn't rotate, it slides.

Craig Kelley  -- kellcrai isu edu
http://www.isu.edu/~kellcrai finger ink inconnu isu edu for PGP block