Antialias

Antialiased (AA) fonts are comming along in XFree86. Keith Packard (one of
the XFree86 hackers) have hacked away and produced a first try that
allowes qt to display antialiased text. Here is a link for a screenshot of
an antialiased Konqueror:

http://keithp.com/~keithp/aa/

There is still some more waiting but finally there is hope for AA for us
who really want it. I know some of you will reply saying that your fonts
are fine as they are. But I want AA.

My question is if there are any plans for gnome (or rather gdk) or maybe
even work already. Can we expect antialiased fonts in gnome 2.0?

I don't know when the last changes to XFree86 will be in the stable
realease. But hopefully 4.1 will have it.

--
/Dennis