- From: Gareth Bowker <tgb96 aber ac uk>
- To: "Florent. Devin" <Florent Devin lifl fr>
- Cc: GNOME List <gnome-devel-list gnome org>, GTK List <gtk-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: Communication
- Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2000 17:02:56 +0000
"Florent. Devin" wrote:
> I want to know
> which is the easiest way to connect to program ?
> You have two programs that runs separately, and have to connect there
> I/O. Is there a better way to do this in Gnome/Gtk than doing this by
> IPC ?
> I need to have the easiest way to do this. I mean that I do not want
> code modification.
The way GNOME apps seem to do this is by using CORBA (through ORBit).
I've never used it myself yet, so I can't comment on what you need to
change to get things to work, although it is meant to be _very_ fast.
Hope this helps,
Gareth Bowker | tgb96 aber ac uk
PhD Research Student | http://users.aber.ac.uk/tgb96/
Space Robotics Team | Office: (01970) 621528
University of Wales, Aberystwyth | Mobile: (07971) 219986
] [Thread Prev