Re: gsu (Was Re: More Political Stuff)
- From: Geoff Reedy <vader21 imsa edu>
- To: James Henstridge <james daa com au>
- Cc: Preben Randhol <randhol pvv org>, ERDI Gergo <cactus telnet hu>,Ali Abdin <aliabdin aucegypt edu>, Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com>,Kjartan Maraas <kmaraas online no>,GNOME development <gnome-devel-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: gsu (Was Re: More Political Stuff)
- Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2000 00:54:56 -0500
On Tue, Aug 29, 2000 at 01:49:32PM +0800, James Henstridge <firstname.lastname@example.org> said
> I think that previously decided that this problem wasn't worth worrying
> about. Since if you can sneak in a rouge theme like this, you could
> probably connect to the person's X server anyway, and sniff arbitrary
> events. Making a special case for the gsu gui would not really help at
Oh yeah, the password prompter should definitely grab the keyboard while
getting the password, just like the secure keyboard option in gnome-terminal.
That way another application can't snarf the password.
Geoffrey Reedy email@example.com
"Unix-to-Unix Copy Program;" said PDP-1. "You will never find a more
wretched hive of bugs and flamers. We must be cautious."
] [Thread Prev