Re: Directories/Files

On Sun, Aug 27, 2000 at 11:38:44PM +0800, Ian McKellar wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 25, 2000 at 12:37:05AM +0500, Sean Middleditch wrote:
> >
> > I'm setting up my father's machine, using Windows.  He prefers
> > ease-of-use, so I'm not going to even pretend I can stick Linux on
> > there.
>
> Yet ;-)
>
> We're all here to change that right?
> >
> > However, I'm noticing a few ease-of-use features I think GNOME could
> > benefit from.
> >
> > 1) File selection.  Everyone knows GNOME file selection is the worst
> > thing there ever was.  It sucks.

Amazingly enough, I like the gtk file selector better than _every_ other file
selector I've ever used, including Windows/BeOs/kde. Granted, it's a little
ugly, but the chances are that if there isn't tab completion (a'la bash), I
probably won't use the desktop system. I just hope that this tab completion
stays. I am not, however, a good indication of the type of person you want to
write a desktop system for.

Lucas