Re: gsu (Was Re: More Political Stuff)

    >> writes:
    >>

    Sean> That's how I have it, but an average user isn't going to do
    Sean> that.  They're going to need a way to easily add an entry
    Sean> for "run my distro's update tool as root".

ok.  I think for things like helix-update/redcarpet and the conf
tools, the maintains of those packages should arrange for their
desktop files to be wrapped by gsu automatically.

But ya, I agree, that if a user wants to run an arbitrary program as
root (or another user) should have a nice tool to magically create
the desktop files for them.  I have some ideas already.

--
Vince Hodges                             "Beware geeks bearing diffs"
vhodges@home.com