Re: More Political Stuff

> I have no idea what you have done to your machine but XFree 4.0.1 has
> *never* died/locked on me. Nor have I ever had 1.2 GNOME crash.

Saying Xfree86 4.0.1 has never died isn't saying much, considering how
new it is.  ~,^
Ya, I'm going to blame the X stuff on the video drivers until I get it
figured it.

As for the GNOME stuff, I really can't think of anything I'd have
screwed up, either.  I'm running pure HelixCode GNOME, no
modifications... Most of the system libs are the originals from MDK 7.1,
with the exception of things like OpenGL, SDL, and a few other
gaming-libs.

Seriously, GNOME isn't "unstable", it just isn't 100% stable.  I'm not
saying GNOME apps are always crashing; more like once every other week
or so.  But that's still irritating when one does.  The core GNOME
itself doesn't crash (by that I mean stuff like the panel, GMC,
etc.).  Just some of the gnome-utils, stuff like that.