Re: patches and responses...

> On Wed, Aug 23, 2000 at 12:21:08PM +0930, zucchi@zedzone.mmc.com.au wrote:
> > Second, the specific patch in question seems to have
> > little value.
>
> [...]
>
> OK fair enough, but the two patches I have submitted are:
>
> 1. http://bugs.helixcode.com/db/16/1654.html
> A simple one line fix for a bug that a friend mentioned to me.  I
> believe that this bug is also reported in the RH beta bug tracker.

I saw this one, i just didn't see it as important enough
to checkout and build the whole tree for.  Its just as easy
merely to never hit double-click middle
button.  Especially since no X gui that i've seen has ever
used such an input (to me, its like saying the mouse doesn't
work if you hold it upside down - its just something you
never do!).

I'm sorry, yes i probably should have looked into it, or
at least replied with the above (in perhaps a more polite
form :), but i didn't.  I apologise.  If it hasn't been
added yet, I will look at it soon - I have another patch
pending to zvt that needs to go in as well, although i
can't remember now what it was.

One last excuse is
that i have been busy with other stuff, and zvt has lagged
a little (fortuitous that its bugs are mostly minor,
apart from a rendering problem).  (working for helix,
moving countries a couple of times, fixing my house,
drinking beer :)

> 2. http://bugs.helixcode.com/db/16/1655.html
> A much larger patch to add a "fast font" menu to gnome-terminal.  ie.
> your favorite fonts are available on the g-t menu with a single click.

I only saw this one recently going through the archive (i'm
not on the gnome-core bugs list, never have been).

I'm a little annoyed because I had this functionality in the g-t
version i was rewriting - it could have been out ages ago.
(but that has nothing to do with your patch).

Indeed it is a useful feature (and why i implemented similar),
and in conjunction with another patch to 'zoom' the font
with a keystroke (or without), would be a very fine addition.

Miguel is on holidays, I dont know if anyone else would add it
to gnome-core, but if it hasn't been added yet I will look
at doing that soon too (although i need to checkout and
build gnome-core for this) if you would like.

Perhaps HP was right, actually he was definetly right - bug
the maintainer till the bite.  Although a cron job is
probably not necessary in most cases :)

 Michael