Re: helix setup tools?
- From: Tom Tromey <tromey cygnus com>
- To: Bob Smith <bob thestuff net>
- Cc: sak tribctas gba gov ar, ahosey systhug com,gnome-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: helix setup tools?
- Date: 17 Aug 2000 10:02:17 -0600
>>>>> "Bob" == Bob Smith <email@example.com> writes:
Bob> The statement though that we want controll of it so we can defend
Bob> it is rather puzzleing. You can defend the GPL even if you do not
Bob> have control over it.
This is the exact same reason that the FSF uses to require copyright
assignment. The idea is that if there is a single owner then it is
easier to sue infringers. I'm sure there is more info on this on the
FSF web site, since it comes up so much.
The real issue is whether you trust Helix. If you do then assigning
to them is as good as assigning to anybody.
] [Thread Prev