Re: Why GTK+ vs. GNOME?

On Thu, 10 Aug 2000 17:37:11 -0400, Sean Middleditch said:
>  OK, this is really naive question, but its been on my mind...
>
>  For the developers who don't want to use GNOME libraries, but DO want to
>  use GTK+, what is your main reason for not wanting GNOME?

Do you use KDE?
If you don't, would you install KDE to use KDE apps?
..I wouldn't.

GTK is required (unless you want to use Xlib... ugh) to make an X
application; GNOME is bells and whistles in many cases.

I'm all for GNOME, too, but I know that many people won't install it
for the same reason I won't install KDE.  I don't lose anything by
using GTK.

--
Evan Martin - eeyem@u.washington.edu
http://students.washington.edu/eeyem