Re: Missing parts of desktop

Lauris Kaplinski <lauris@helixcode.com> writes:

> I think somebody (somewhere, sometimes) should sit down and write down
> outlines of bigger GNOME desktop that the one we currently have.
>
> What bothers me, is lack of some essential libraries:
> - audio, especially MIDI & similar

People are working on this, the problem is that there is no clear
technical choice yet.

> - gaming graphics (3D and 2D animation etc.)

I don't know if we want to go here, unless we have someone in the
project that really works on this stuff. If we don't write games and
don't have anyone that does, our declaring something "part of GNOME"
isn't going to do anything...

Havoc