Re: po/Makefile.in.in

James Henstridge writes:
 > On Tue, 1 Aug 2000, Hilaire Fernandes wrote:
 >
 > > The grep matches this in the configure.in
 > >
 > > [sed -e "/POTFILES =/r po/POTFILES" po/Makefile.in > po/Makefile])
 >
 > So remove this line.  The gettext macros since about gettext-0.10.32 (I
 > may be wrong about the version) have handled this without the need for the
 > sed line.

Really? The GNU_GETTEXT macro produces po/Makefile from
po/Makefile.in, but the po/Makefile.in is generated only when the
AC_OUTPUT macro is hited at the end of the configure.in.  It's look it
can't work - and it didn't. Do I miss something there?
Should the GNU_GETTEXT be repeated at the end of the configure.in

 > then tell the maintainers of these packages to remove the sed line as
 > well :)

I won't tell until it's doesn't work there :)

Hilaire