Re: Intro to GNOME and the FSF

On Thursday, April 27, 2000 11:41 PM -0400, Hugo Gayosso
<> wrote:
| > > Why would we care about marketing guys as we (and GNU/Linux vendors
| > > such as Redhat, etc...) are doing our own "marketing"?
| >
| > One of "our" goals (SuSE's) is cooperation; misusing a project like
| > GNOME for propaganda wouldn't be helpful.  TeX and/or XFree86 are worth
| > to have a look at.
| It is not propaganda, it is just giving credit to whom credit is due.

As long as the FSF continues to behave as if "credit is due" only ever to
the FSF (I'm being charitable -- I still firmly believe that RMS's
"GNU/Linux" crap is intellectually dishonest, if not outright attempted
theft; but see e.g. RMS's explanation of why it's "reasonable" to
acknowlege the FSF but not BSD or XFree86 components of the Linux Operating
System) I must reject this argument.

I, for one, do not wish to advance the FSF's agenda when they choose to
support that agenda with dishonesty and hypocrisy.

brandon s. allbery     [os/2][linux][solaris][japh]
system administrator        [WAY too many hats]
electrical and computer engineering                                    KF8NH
carnegie mellon university      ["better check the oblivious first" -ke6sls]