Feature request: Name of translator in gnome_about (fwd)

Please, consider this as a feature request.

Pablo Saratxaga <pablo@mandrakesoft.com> writes:

|   The one to send comments to, that is the one really maintaining the
|   filea at the time of the displaying of about dialog box.

Yes, but the team address might fit better.

|   /* note to translators: "translate" this with a comment and your na=
me;
|      something like "Translation to <yourlanguage> done by <yourname>"
|    */
|      N_("       "),

Yes, that's a work around.  Talking about GNOME program I'd like to see
gnome_about_new() and friends enhanced (please, consider this as a
feature request for gnome-libs 2.0):

/**
 * gnome_about_new
 * @title: Name of app.
 * @version: version number
 * @copyright: copyright string
 * @authors: %NULL terminated list of authors
 * @translators: %NULL terminated list of translators or address of the=
 translation team
 * @comments: Other comments
 * @logo: a logo pixmap file.
 *
 * Creates a new GNOME About dialog.  @title, @version,
 * @copyright, @authors, and @translators are displayed first, in that =
order.
 * @comments is typically the location for multiple lines of text, if
 * necessary.  (Separate with "\n".)  @logo is the filename of a
 * optional pixmap to be displayed in the dialog, typically a product or
 * company logo of some sort; set to %NULL if no logo file is available.
*/

Don't display @translators if no locale is set.  And use a tricky initi=
al
value:

        /* note to translators: "translate" this string by replacing it
           with your address or the address of your team. */
        static const char *translators[] =3D {
                N_("No translator assigned"),
                NULL
        };

-=3D-=3D-=3D-=3D-=3D-=3D-=3D-=3D-=3D-=3D-=3D-=3D-=3D- cut here -=3D-=3D=
-=3D-=3D-=3D-=3D-=3D-=3D-=3D-=3D-=3D-=3D-=3D-

For the time being it should work to add the trans address to the
comment (example from bug-buddy, german PO file):

    #: src/bug-buddy.c:455
    msgid "The GNOME graphical bug reporting tool"
    msgstr ""
    "Deutsche =DCbersetzung: German Team <de@li.org>\n"
    "\n"
    "GNOMEs grafisches Fehlerberichtswerkzeug."

or

    #: src/bug-buddy.c:455
    msgid "The GNOME graphical bug reporting tool"
    msgstr ""
    "GNOMEs grafisches Fehlerberichtswerkzeug.\n"
    "\n"
    "Deutsche =DCbersetzung: German Team <de@li.org>\n"

The German Team agreed to add a default text ot the --help output of the
ordinary command line tools like recode, wget, etc.  Just wondering
whether we should add this info to --version, too.

--=20
work: ke@suse.de                          |
     : http://www.suse.de/~ke/             |          ------    ,__o
home: ke@gnu.franken.de                   |         ------   _-\_<,