Re: RFC: A draft proposal for the future of the GNOME printing system.

> 	  I haven't been watching the Gnome print system development, but I
> don't see why using Postscript isn't blatantly obvious, for all the
> reasons mentioned in this RFC.  What else could we even consider?

Issues with the "dump to postscript":

	Postscript does not support alpha-transparency.

	It is hard to add nice preview support in your application.

	Everyone has to write their own type1/truetype metric parsers.

This does not matter for apps like a text editor.  Hey, you can after
all write directly to /dev/lp the plain stream.

That does not mean than other applications are like this.