Re: GdkPixbuf 0.7 Install
- From: James Henstridge <james daa com au>
- To: Sean Thomas Middleditch <sean middleditch iname com>
- cc: gnome-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: GdkPixbuf 0.7 Install
- Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2000 21:30:18 +0800 (WST)
Just install with "rpm -i" rather than upgrade with "rpm -U"
Install means install the selected package. Upgrade means remove any
previous versions of the package and install the selected package. There
is nothing stopping you having gdk-pixbuf-0.6 and gdk-pixbuf-0.7 on your
On Fri, 14 Apr 2000, Sean Thomas Middleditch wrote:
> I have downloaded the .tar.gz of GdkPixbuf 0.7 and made RPM's. The
> RPM's want to replace the older 0.6 RPM's, which is bad since it says
> 0.7 is incompatible with 0.6, and a lot of programs rely on it... is
> there a way to install these RPM's without overwriting the old ones, or
> will it not hurt anything? Or will I just have to install with make
> install in the .tar.gz...?
> Sean Middleditch
> To unsubscribe: mail email@example.com with "unsubscribe"
> as the Subject.
] [Thread Prev