Re: Where in the OS do we introducing GNOME

On Sun, Apr 02, 2000 at 12:18:25AM -0800, Eduardo Silva wrote:
> And also because I have to daily debunk the idea that
> GNU/Linux is just about being gratis and better than
> Windows, and then get ignorant looks when I tell them
> about the freedom to copy, sell, and modify the
> software, I think that such an introduction should
> exist.

Sheesh, people think I'm crazy if I tell them I'm working on a piece of
free software. They ask questions like: "How do you/they make money?" and
"What's the use?".

I'm not sure if you mean to explain free software in the introduction, but
those are questions people always ask. It might also be a good idea to
compare the concept of free/open software to free/open science and
information. If the concept of gravity was patented when Newton discovered
it, what kind of world would we have today?

--
Sarel Botha

99 little bugs in the code, 99 bugs in the code,
          fix one bug, compile it again...
          101 little bugs in the code....