Re: PATCH against CVS gnome-terminal - option to disable overstriking
- From: zucchi zedzone mmc com au (NotZed)
- To: gilbertt tomgilbert freeserve co uk (Tom Gilbert)
- Cc: gnome-devel-list gnome org (Gnome developer list)
- Subject: Re: PATCH against CVS gnome-terminal - option to disable overstriking
- Date: Thu, 30 Sep 1999 12:28:48 +0930 (CST)
I still need convincing this is actually a useful feature ...
I mean do people want underline turned off too? It seems an
odd thing to want to do.
Maybe you should set your application not to bold, or use
a termcap/terminfo which disables it (which seems a more appropriate
way to do it).
> I enclose a patch against the CVS version of gnome-terminal. It adds a
> preference option to enable/disable font-overstriking.
> Normally this is enabled if it is available in libZvt, this option
> allows it to be disabled. I know several people (including myself) who
> do not like to have bold fonts, especially when term'ing in color...
> Feel free to ignore it if it doesn't 'fit in', I'll just keep patching
> my local copy ;-)
> I hope I haven't overlooked anything...
Well it looks fine, apart from the obvious 'why' :)
But it might still go in at some point (although the option ui will
need modification so it isn't so cluttered).
] [Thread Prev