More problems with 1.0.40

I log from gdm selecting "spanish" as language, gnome
starts up, and I get "spanish" gnome with "english" gmenu,
this is all applications talking spanish but the root
gnome menu says "applications" instead of "Aplicaciones".
CD player: eject button only ejects :) can eject/close? (it
closes when I hit play, and then play again to play)
Gmc: text viewer flickers
Gmc: text viewer: won't change to hex mode after selecting in the
menu, until I move the text.
I will agree a lot if someone can solve me this:
(is gedit 0.5.4)
commands.c:994: conflicting types for `gnome_app_remove_menu_range'
/usr/include/libgnomeui/gnome-app-helper.h:677: previous declaration of
`gnome_app_remove_menu_range'
make[2]: *** [commands.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/varios/gedit-0.5.4/src'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/varios/gedit-0.5.4'
make: *** [all-recursive-am] Error 2
also happens with gedit 0.5.3
Thanks a lot.