Re: new Desktop::Editor
- From: Dave Camp <campd oit edu>
- To: Martijn van Beers <martijn earthling net>
- Cc: gnome-components-list gnome org, gnome-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: new Desktop::Editor
- Date: 20 Sep 1999 22:33:10 -0700
One important thing missing from this interface is the
ability to have and control multiple views of the same data.
Most editors support this ability, and it is very useful in
Here's my suggestion:
What is currently Desktop::Editor should be split into two
interfaces: one representing the text buffer, and one
representing a view of the text buffer. The viewer interface
would have the ui-related functions (scroll_*, etc). The
buffer interface would contain the other methods defined in your
Desktop::Editor interface. In addition, it would contain methods
for managing views of the buffer, such as (for example) get_active_view(),
get_views(), and new_view().
Other than that, it is a very nice interface.
] [Thread Prev