Re: New gtk (combo-like) widget in Gnome CVS

On Wed, Sep 15, 1999 at 06:14:08PM +0200, Christof Petig wrote:
> This is primarily intended for a fast selection out of a huge database
> by typing the initial letters.

[ snip ]

> Since this is the first public announcement expect it to have some raw
> edges (e.g. tab completion is not yet done).

I'm not very sure how the auto-completion should be done. There was a
discussion on the gnome-gui-list but not much of a conclusion was reached
(IIRC). I think everyone likes it if tab moves to the next field.
Personally I like the way Internet Explorer does it: If it thinks it knows
what you want to type it pops up a list just below the text field and
allows you to scroll up/down through the possibilities.

PS. not trying to sound bossy, just trying to help
--
SJ Botha         sjb@dundee.lia.net