Re: goad status

On Sat, 11 Sep 1999, Elliot Lee wrote:

> On Sat, 11 Sep 1999 bob@cs.csoft.net wrote:
>
> > Um, in what way is getting the orbit name server through
> > resolve_initial_references a gnome specific thing?
>
> You are proposing that CORBA_ORB_resolve_initial_references() be
> implemented using GNOME-specific stuff such as those special files, the X
> display property, $NAMESERVER, etc.

$NAMESERVER, and the file are in no way gnome spacific. They arn't even X
spacific. And the x display property is also not gnome dependant. It is
only X dependent. Thats why it was proposed as a loadable module. We are
trying to figure out a way to make resolve_initial_references work
correctly with the nameserver so we do not have to pull gnome spacific
tricks to work arround the problem.