Re: Gnome-core

On Tue, Oct 12, 1999 at 08:57:09AM -0700, George wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 12, 1999 at 10:55:50AM +0200, Laurent Gauthier wrote:
> > > - http://bugs.debian.org/46507 the panel has some drawing problem when
> > > using auto-hide, it does jump too far when the mouse passes over it
> > > while reducing
> >
> > I submitted this one in the GNOME bug tracking system a few month ago, but
> > I've had no news about it so far.
>
> That's because we can't find it.  If you look at the code, it doesn't make
> any sense that it would do that.  Also I can't reproduce it here on my alpha
> so I assume you have to be quicker then the computer somewhere.
>
> George

I am able to reproduce this bug using Window Maker 0.60.0 and the latest
GNOME.  It only occurs when the panel is located on the bottom or right-hand
edge, although it doesn't matter if the panel is and edge or cornet panel.  It
is independent of the applets placed within the panel, happening even when no
applets are active in the panel.  It also doesn't seem to be affected by the
number of panels running.

The system is a P166 laptop with 40MB of memory, things run reasonably fast
but it is possible to cause the panel to jump with some careful timing and fast
mouse movement.  I don't know if it depends on what speed the panel is set to,
I have my animation settings at

Auto-hide animation speed: 12
Auto-hide minimize delay: 801 ms
Auto-hide minimized size: 2 pixels

The bug doesn't seem to effect performance, OTOH, I wouldn't be upset if it
disappeared.:)

HTH,

MBG

--
"Infinite: Bigger than the biggest thing ever and then some.  Much bigger than
that in fact, really amazingly immense, a totally stunning size, real "wow,

PGP signature