Re: pixmap tiling on canvas

Federico Mena Quintero wrote:

> I am not sure whether adding support for this would be useful; usually
> you want the canvas as a "real" blank area onto which you draw.

I see.  Pixmap backgrounds are unsupported because a gtk theme may clutter up someone's drawing area.

How then would you suggest tiling the canvas's background?

It seems it would be easiest to support pixmap backgrounds, but make it so that you can get a "real" blank area by specifying so in the gtkrc:

style "canvas"
{
  bg_pixmap[NORMAL] = "<none>"
}