Re: Enhancement of Gnome Help Browser
- From: Elliot Lee <sopwith redhat com>
- To: Tom Gilbert <gilbertt tomgilbert freeserve co uk>
- cc: gnome-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: Enhancement of Gnome Help Browser
- Date: Tue, 5 Oct 1999 14:47:57 -0400 (EDT)
On Tue, 5 Oct 1999, Tom Gilbert wrote:
> o Context sensitivity (greatly eased under a UNIX OS, thanks to the
> process list, lsof, etc, etc.
I don't think you want to do context sensitivity that way. The application
program should tell the help browser what page to display, and help
browser displays it, not the help browser using unreliable methods of
determining the context.
-- Elliot http://developer.gnome.org/
The first thing a programmer needs to admit is that any program is by far
more complex than his own mind. Thats why he partitions it into neat
pieces and avoids complexity.
] [Thread Prev